VISIT THE GARDENS OF BARBIREY
Thanks to its beautiful gardens, its bucolic and rural atmosphere, come to discover one of the most beautiful vegetable garden of Burgundy.
Located 25 km away from Dijon and Beaune, in Burgundy, the "Jardins de Barbirey" have been created during the 19th century. The kitchen garden and the orchard have been designed with terraces ; the ponds in the humid zone, the "belvédère" in its grove, the quarry in the forest , the meadows reflect the english park design. The "Jardins de Barbirey" are made of a lot of atmospheres and are totally in harmony with the surrounding landscape.
Spread over 8 hectares, the Garden and the Park have a diverse flora.
Number of events Cultural, Botanical, humanitarian events breed the soul of this site since its recreation in 1989.
-May, June, September - 2pm to 6pm - on Saturday, Sunday and holidays
-July and August - 2pm to 7pm - every day except Monday and Tuesday
Open all the year on reservation for groups of 10 persons and more.
Adults : 6€
Kids (3-12 years) : 3€
Free until 2 years.
Group Visits (+ 10 persons)
Free or guided, on appointment all the year.
Free visits : 5€
Guided visits (in French). : 7€
Free for the organiser and the driver accompanying the group.
Possibility to make a picnic before 14h in the park or in the communes in case of raining.
A landscape garden to discover:
A place to create a sensitive and creative approach to the art of gardening and environmental : See - feel - feel - listen
The association between courtyard and garden, and Marie-Ange Naltet offer cycles of classes I, II and III, visits and workshops of artistic expression adapted to the age of children and the program of school. In the program :
- A landscape garden: for the points to discover the work of Jacques Vieille
- Water gardens: the garden pond, wetlands park (the bed of the river, reflections and color of the water, the water sounds)
- Garden of the sounds, exploring the work of Erik Samakh
- Scents: the vegetable garden, the smell and the taste will be associated to the touch
- Landscapes of rock: the career, the orchard, dry stone walls
- Seasons in the garden: two visits to track the evolution of landscapes, the plant grows, the light changes
- Roads, paths: the aisles of the garden and of the meadow, selvedge and wood trails: physical approach of different places gardens.
The journey in the garden is supervised by Marie-Ange Naltet, plastic artist, a speaker in the national project "to adopt a garden" since 1999 to Barbirey. Ephemeral installations will be realized in the gardens according to the topic of the visit chosen by the teacher. Realization of sights, temporary gardens with continuous-flow, sound installations, ways of scents, miniature landscapes, small stagings of the body in the gardens ... Others theme of visits and plastic activities can be set up to the request of the teachers.
Price per day : 9,5€ by child so 2,50€ for the entrance of the gardens and 7€ for the sensorial visit of the gardens et for activities.
Picnic on site, que-nique sur place, room in case of bad weather.
More information on the website of the association:http://www.ecej.fr
Contact : Marie-Ange Naltet
Tel : 03 80 23 32 84